Our Purpose & Vision“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.” -Deuteronomy 6: 5-7
At the Cross Church, we believe that children are a great blessing from God. In the verse above, He has commanded us to teach our children about Him. Our pastors and church staff are dedicated to equipping parents with the teaching and discipleship needed to raise up our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Eph 6:1-3).
The purpose is to:
- come alongside parents in teaching children about the greatness of God (Psalm 103:1-14), the truthfulness of His Word (Psalm 119:9-11), and the eternal value of His gospel (Titus 2:11-13)
- be living examples of Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:3-12)
- encourage our families in their walk with the Lord (Eph 5:2, 8, 15)
- equip them to be unashamed witnesses of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (Rom 1:16-17).
Our vision is to teach our children:
- biblical truth (Col 3:16)
- Jesus and His gospel (John 20:31)
- how to worship the living God (1 Cor 10:31)
- that He is Creator (Gen 1:1); Redeemer (Psalm 32:1-5); Savior (Titus 3:4-7); and Lord (Phil 2:6-11)
- how to serve others (Phil 2:1-5)
- how to love, obey and honor their moms and dads (Eph 6:1-3)